Monday, December 2, 2013

Bound to happen.

Well,
Allyson and I both got the flu bug the last 2 days. It was inevitable. Bound to happen.

after spending friday (our thanksgiving) at a friends house who previously had the stomach bug, all 6 of them, we thought we were in the clear but tough luck.

The toilet was my best friend that night. 

We are both feeling much better, but Allyson has a sinus infection so please pray for quick healing. 

Spending all day yesterday in bed I was able to FINALLY enjoy reading. 

God is teaching me to be patient and just rest in His presence.

I find myself yearning for Him more and more and picture myself at his feet washing & pouring perfume just like Mary did. Thanks to my sister who helped me to realize to find peace in spending time alone with God completely in our relationship that He has given me through Jesus Christ. "Martha, martha," the Lord answered, " you are worried and sup set about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." Luke 10:41-42

I am finding peace in His plan. Reading the first Psalms and starting in Romans I am so thankful that by "letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace." Romans 8:6 Out of all the frustration and anger I have experienced the last week, I know that God is sovereign in my life. 

I am thankful that my past doesn't control my future. " So you also should consider yourselves to be dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ Jesus." Romans 6:11

That we can read His Word and see the amazing faith of those long ago who never experienced the new covenant through Jesus Christ. " Abraham never wavered in believe God's promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever He promises." Romans 4:20-21

I am seeking joy in knowing that I don't need approval from those around me but from my Savior who created me perfectly in His eyes. " And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people." Romans 2:29

I am thankful that I can pick up my Bible and feel surrounded by the presence of my Father. 

I am also reading The Heart and Soul of Midwifery. It is opening my eyes to this amazing way to serve the women of Haiti that is so badly needed. 
Please pray with me, that if this is what the Lord wants me to do here in Haiti, that He will open the right doors, provide the funds to begin taking classes & that I will glorify Him in serving the women by supporting them through this journey of bringing a new life into this world. 

The author quotes this " if the time is not right and you push to do something, it will always backfire."  I really want to seek Gods will in this direction. If it is His plan for my life then I know He will open the right doors but if not I want to be attentive to the doors that He is closing and be at peace for He has something else for me. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and was able to spend quality time with family & friends.

ps. I was able to experience our first meeting with KOFAEL (micro loan ministry) I loved seeing our home filled with beautiful women. Their voices singing praises together & the excitement of talking about ideas and skills they would love to learn. Please pray for donations of sewing machines, jewelry supplies & cooking items so we can get classes started for these women. 


In Christ's Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment