Monday, December 23, 2013

For unto us.

" For unto us a child is born, and unto us a son is given. And leadership is placed upon His shoulder. And His name shall be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Father of the Future age, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

Us. We. Me. You.


God sent HIS son.


For us. 


This Christmas is a very different Christmas yet one that I am so excited to have. To know that sinful, unworthy & undeserving me is allowed to have a personal relationship with the God who created every single thing in this universe through the birth & resurrection of HIS son. My heart skips a beat. I want to cry out in thankfulness. Scream from the rooftop how blessed we are to have a Father who loves us unconditionally no matter what our past, present or future mistakes have been or will be. 

As much as I would love to be spending these next few days with my family I have to remember that I AM spending it with family, my brothers and sisters in Christ. Being able to celebrate this day that means so much to my life with others who are serving in Haiti, I am truly blessed. 

I haven't been to an ugly christmas sweater party, or seen a house covered in lights & blow up things, played in the snow, spent time catching up with old friends or spent ridiculous amounts of money on gifts.
BUT
I have decorated cookies, put lights on a tree, listened to Christmas music, watched Christmas movies, held babies, had a Christmas party for women, cooked meals for others, loved those around me & dwelling on what Christmas is about.

 How could it be so? It came without ribbons!... it came without tags!... it came without packages, boxes, or bags! ( name that movie?!)

I pray that everyone, wherever you are, whatever you are doing, whatever situations you are dealing with, that you will remember that Christmas day we were given a promise of freedom and a promise of our eternal home up in Heaven. A promise that we do not have to fear death but to embrace what Jesus does in our lives everyday & no matter what we are struggling with, He is there and is eager for that day where we will walk hand in hand together down streets of gold. 

God is doing so much in my life, guiding me to amazing places, experiencing the beauty of Haiti, meeting inspirational people & revealing to me His desires for my life here, serving Him, in Haiti. I am waiting for His perfect timing and can't wait to share with you all : ) 

Jwaye Nwél 

In Christ's Love,
E












No comments:

Post a Comment