Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Haitian Market.

I know I just blogged yesterday but today was oh so wonderful!


Our friend Esther came down for the day. She is an amazing women with a heart of gold that is devoted to serving our Lord. 

I am wanting to shop the local produce but need to learn what is the right amount to pay, how to pick good food & how to actually ask how much something is.

I will get there. my goal is to be able to go by myself.

We walked down the street into this little door in the wall and vwahla there was a Haitian market. 


As we walked around we found so much beautiful produce. full and vibrant colors. This is what i LOVE.

Esther showed me how to pick out certain fruits and veggies and told me what a good price to pay for them is. 

I can't wait to go and know the ladies by name, have them know me and be honest with me about prices. To build community with them and invite them to our house to share a meal, a laugh, and Gods salvation. 






I came home with 1 pineapple for 100 goudes = about $2.25
                          4 carrots for 20 goudes = about $.50
                          2 tomatoes for 30 goudes = about $.75
                          6 bananas for 50 goudes = about $1.10
so i got all that yummy food for around $4.00US. 

those women know me now or will be able to recognize me when I go next time : ) I do stick out just a little bit. 

and this is coconut milk from 3 coconuts. also
saved the flesh for smoothies ; ) 
I got to go to the other market with my friend Rachel who is serving at CLS where I was this summer. I love having another friend go walk with me and chat of course : ) 

My melting heart moment of the day: I was walking to CLS to meet Rachel and 3 of my girls from kinder this summer looked at me, said a few words, I waved and the next thing was screams coming from their mouth, " Miss Emily Miss Emily" I got 3 big hugs, 3 big white beautiful smiles & my heart melted knowing that they remember me : ) I am so proud of how well they are doing in 1st grade. maybe ill still be here when they graduate? only God knows. 

This is our kokoye pyƩ bwa (coconut tree)




Life is going. I want to be doing more. but I am following God and His timing. 
I am truly a relational person and I love that God gave me a heart for loving and a chatty kathy mouth! 

watch out Delmas 31. Emily is here to stay. 


 In Christ's Love,
Em
                          

No comments:

Post a Comment