Thursday, March 6, 2014

Stranded On a Boat.

I am in the middle of a storm.

I feel that the rain just never stops pouring down on me. 

The boat I am keeps changing directions with every gust of wind. 

I can see the shore, where I am to be safely yet God keeps pelting me. 


WHAT THE HECK GOD. 

{{ please pretty please just bring the sun out }}

" In each life there comes at least one moment which, if recognized and seized, transforms the course of that life forever. The moment may call you to leap, empty handed, into the void." - Ralph Blum

I have lots of these moments, at least I think I do. 

A year ago I had this moment on a rooftop in Haiti. 

Last summer I had several of these moments. 

January I took a leap of faith and said yes to beginning this journey into midwifery. 

He still has yet to open the clouds and let the sun shine through. 

"The king's heart is like a stream of water directed by the Lord; He guides it wherever He pleases. People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord examines their heart.
The Lord is more please when we do what is right and just than when we offer Him sacrifices. Haughty eyes, a proud heart, and evil actions are all sin. Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity, but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty. "
                                 Proverbs 21:1-5

Like David, it took him years after he was anointed to be king to actually be king. He continued to face storms and trials. It was not easy yet God never gave up on Him. He kept His promise.

This is the beginning of my journey and I can see many storms ahead but ones that will produce sweet sweet moments, memories & fruit.

I am asking for prayers. For clarity in this storm. That God will shine a light on the next step in my path. 

He is continuing to grant me a peace that is so comforting. 

I love that I follow Him. That I crave to be close to Him. That I can surrender my entire life to Him.

I am thankful for storms like these. I know that God is drawing me closer. I know there is SO much to learn. That I will be a stronger daughter & women because of it. I cherish these moments where I can just rest in Gods arms and be in complete surrender. 

" On the day I called, You answered me; You made me bold with strength in my soul." Psalm 138:3

             
In Christ's Love
Emily Elizabeth



1 comment:

  1. Love you, Emily! Keep keeping your eyes on Jesus, He is worthy!!--Megan Schoff

    ReplyDelete