Saturday, March 29, 2014

Change.




This last month has been full of Change, Growth & Healing.

God has pulled me closer then ever before. 

He is pulling things from my past out of my heart and into the open. He is allowing me to process through them & see the old habits that I need to nip in the butt. 

He is covering me with grace. with mercy. with His forgiveness. 

This is the reason why He sent His son to die on the cross. 

for me. for this healing. for this change.

I want to live in a way where I don't have to always be asking for forgiveness. which I know that I am not perfect. I am a sinner and always will be until I am walking on those streets of gold. 

But I am seeing what it truly means to walk step in step with the one who planned my life out. 

To ask and surrender it into His hands. 

To have a faith that is so big. To trust Him in every situation, decision & life changing turn. 

I am thankful that God is allowing me this pruning season. 
This preparation time is such a sweet sweet time to spend in His arms. 

" There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

He will produce fruit. He is getting my heart in the right place. Which it has taken me this long to realize that I needed this more then I thought. 



I am learning patience. To slow down. Listen to Him. Find peace in where He has me. 

" You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." Isaiah 26:3

I am waiting. I am waiting to see what the next step is on this path to midwifery. I find joy in knowing that He has it under control. I do not have to worry one way or another because He will have my hand the whole way through. 

I am waiting to see what these last 2 months in Haiti bring. I am waiting to see who He will bring into my life. To see what the relationships He has already brought into my life will fond produce. The growth in me. In them.

I am finding joy in waiting.

" You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11

Today listening to a sermon, the pastor repeated over and over. I AM CHOSEN. He chose me. He picked me to go to Haiti and love. He chose me to be a midwife. He chose me to bring precious new life, His children, His creations into this world. 

With an anxious heart I said yes. But now that yes is confirmed and He is preparing me by saying Orévwa once again with a promise saying "Emily, you will be back but now I am going to equip you with skills beyond your imagination." 

okay, how would you not find comfort in that?! so thankful that He is allowing me to go and learn everything I need to be the best midwife I can be. To serve & love genuinely. To come back to Haiti prepared for what He is going to do with my life. How He is going to use me. 


God, my heart is yours. My life is yours. My mind is yours. 
USE ME. 
Take me deeper then I could ever imagine going. 



" But He knows where I am going. And when He tests me, I will come out as pure as gold. For I have stayed on God's paths; I have followed His ways and not turned aside. I have not departed from His commands, but have treasured His words more than daily food. But once He has made His decision, who can change His mind? Whatever He wants to do, He does. So He will do to me whatever He has planned. He Controls my destiny." Job 23:10-14



My Current Needs/prayer requests:

- 4 one time $50 gifts for Christella and Moms weekly food bags 
        (Got to have a sleep over with her the other day. 2 pounds heavier and still melts my heart) 
- Prayers over travels these next 2 months & 
                when I am traveling stateside
- Clarity for the door that God opens for my midwifery education
         - Missionary Midwifery school in the Philippines
         - Education in the states

In Christ's Love,
Emily Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment