Saturday, March 15, 2014

Growing up. making responsible decisions.

::: This is a post that I thought I would never have to write. 

The past few weeks God has been working immensely on my heart. I desire to follow Him. To listen to Him. 

Admitting I didn't do the research I should have. Selfishly doing everything I could to stay in Haiti. 

To become a certified midwife is going to be harder to do here in Haiti then I thought. 
                                Actually impossible. 

I decided that God likes to teach me the hard way. 
Or that I do what my flesh desires and He just sits and laughs at me shaking His head. 

After talking with several midwives, God is giving me a sliver of a chance to get my training in a 3rd world country. 

not Haiti.

The Philippines. 

Newlife International School of Midwifery is a school that trains midwives on the mission field. 
(They are connected with a school in the states so EVERYTHING there counts towards my certification)

I am in the process of applying. Surrendering to God my future education. Only He can open the door for me there.
{{ Will you please pray with me that God be with those who read my application & see my determination and desire to be a midwife in Haiti }}

If accepted I would start August 1st. <<<<< my heart breaks to leave Haiti and not know when I will be back.

But whenever I do come back. I will be trained, skilled, equipped with the knowledge to be a midwife. 

These women deserve to trust someone who is certified. who is skilled in prenatal care. delivering their children. 

I am working with human lives. That is something to be serious about. I want to know everything I can when serving them. 

I want the best education I can get to be the best midwife I can be. 

The king’s heart is like a stream of water directed by the Lord;
    He guides it wherever He pleases. People may be right in their own eyes but the Lord examines their heart. The Lord is more pleased when we do what is right and just than when we offer him sacrifices. Haughty eyes, a proud heart,and evil actions are all sin.
Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity,
   but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty.
Proverbs 21:1-5

PLEASE. pray with me & for me. That God will open the right door for my training.

I don't know what God has planned for me and I am completely okay with that. 

I do know that He keeps confirming in me that I am to 

be a midwife here in Haiti. 


Might not be right now at this exact time. But He will bring me back. Skilled & ready to catch some babies. 

So I will not be returning to Haiti in July. I will either have my bags packed to go to the Philippines or unpacked to stay and continue my education in the states in hope of applying to Newlife in 2015 if not accepted for this fall. 

My heart will be left here in Haiti. 



I want to be honest. There is so much racing through my mind right now. Email me. message me. If you have questions I am here to answer them. I do not want to mislead. I don't know why God does things but I know why He is doing this right now. Why He is revealing this to me at the very beginning of this journey. I am thankful. 

** Those who so generously donated money towards my midwifery classes. Thank you a million times over. If I am accepted into this school, all of the funds that were raised will go towards my school tuition. You supported me to become a midwife and it will still be towards that. I am blessed by your encouragement and am thankful to have so many of you going on this journey with me. 


In Christ's Love
Emily Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment