Friday, October 3, 2014

apple orchard desire.

Happy October.

~ Personally it is the 
best month of the year. ~

  • Leaves start to turn into vibrant oranges, reds, burgundies & yellows.
  • Morning and evening bring cool crisp weather to bundle up and sip hot coffee.
  • Boot & sweater season has officially begun. 
  • Apple & pumpkin EVERYTHING.
  • Putting away your swim suits and bring out the jackets & hats. 
  • Begin the holiday party planning. 
  • Spend your day picking apples at the orchard.
  • Searching for the best jack-o-lantern pumpkin. 
  • Adorn your bed with a down comforter and blankets. 
and so many more splendid things to do in the fall.


and the absolute best part of October. 
ITS MY BIRTHDAY 
oct 15th if ya didn't know : ) 
those of you who know me I love celebrations and especially celebrating peoples birthdays. I love making that day so special filled with yummy baked goodies, spontaneous fun && a deep comforting feeling of knowing that there are people in that persons life who appreciate them and who God has created them to be, a thankfulness for their hearts. Who doesn't love to shower someone they genuinely care about with birthday fun?! It does only happen once a year.


[[[ This year I move categories. ]]]
>>> From being in my early 20's to now being in my mid 20's. <<<

not sure how I feel about that yet. 
But hey we all get wiser with every year right?!

Its this time of year that I miss being with my family the most. 
I was blessed to spend it with my sister and her family & community in KC last year. Celebrating halloween on 17th st, getting to fly to Florida to visit girls who I cherish & dressing up as the Incredibles was a wonderful way to spend my favorite season. oh and LOTS of food filled with apples & squash.

{{ Today was one of those days where I want to just be with my family. }}


Baked banana muffins. Made a batch of granola. Did Laundry. Cleaned my room. 
>> I wished I could have been in the kitchen baking muffins with my sister and Anna. 
>> I yearned to be mixing granola with my mom by my side. 

Laundry... well let me not get started. that will be a whole other post. Going to say that when I have a family and I am living somewhere in this world I will be investing in a washer & dryer. 

I love my family.
I love Fall.
I love the change that my body craves (to bad I will still continue to sweat)
I love knowing that holiday season is right around the corner bringing in reunions, lots of cheers & memories. 


I am going to make the best of this season. 

>>> My one request. PLEASE eat lots of apples for me. Bundle up with a mug of hot apple cider. & post pictures of the changing leaves for me. <<<





In Christ's Love. 
The girl who is craving a break from this heat & sweating. 
Emily Elizabeth


Prayer requests.
- Went to apply for my missionary visa yesterday with a few of the other girls and realized that some things were wrong so going back next week to apply. Please pray for everything to go smoothly and we will receive our visas quickly. 
- We have 3 weeks left of language school. Continue retaining of this language. 
- For me & all the girls here as we are all missing family. A comfort & special moments of being able to skype with those we love at home. 
- The mothers & babies that will be delivered at MMC this weekend/week/month. For safety & wisdom. 
- continued financial support as my Missionary visa is going to cost a little more then I expected after all of the renewals & applying. Will you pray about financially supporting Me here in the Philippines?

Updates.
- The last 2 shifts at the clinic have been so wonderful. I have seen 7 births the last 2 weekends and they have all been so amazing to see. I am beginning to become comfortable finding things in the clinic. I have become a master room & birth cart cleaner. 
- My parents made it back safe from Europe and had a blast. Thank you for your prayers of protection. Cant wait for them to come here next summer along with my sister : ) 
- Been having amazing healing over some things in my life that I have tucked away into a trunk. I am falling so in love with Jesus and that He wanted me to be right where I am through the past decade. Overwhelming feeling of comfort and realization of how He protected me. 








No comments:

Post a Comment