Friday, October 31, 2014

Off to the Bukid.

Monday.
I will be MIA for one whole month. 
from November 2nd to December 2nd.


WHY?


we are being sent to the mountains for an outreach.
to practice our Cebuano that we have learned. 
experience living like our patients. 
meet God in places of darkness. 
health education for children.
surveys for understanding maternal demographics in the villages. 
fellowship. 
encouragement. 
Spiritual growth. 
strengthening relationships with the girls I am living life with. 

This will be a stretching & refining for me. 
We will only take what we can fit in our backpacks. 
Cooking food over a fire. 
sleeping under a mosquito net. 
Digging a hole...

I cant wait. 
I am so excited to learn to cook with foods I have never seen before.
Sleeping on the floor, having a slumber party every night with my friends and bugs. 
Not worrying about if I smell bad or am sweaty (which I am always sweaty) 
Going on hikes from one village to the next. 
Swimming in the river. 
Mastering the squat position.



I can't wait to meet God in places of peace and renewal. 
Discovering Him in all His beautiful creations. 
Seeking the Holy Spirit in difficult situations.
Spending time in communication all day, 
giving thanks and praying for guidance.

I ask for prayers personally and for our team. 
- That we will have Spiritual growth in ways we never imagined.
- We will feel the presence of God and the Holy Spirit in the villages we visit and the homes we will enter. 
- For our health, that Gods hand of protection will be over us while we travel and that our bodies will have strength the whole month. 
- The softening of hearts whom those we will encounter and have conversations with. That God will prepare those individuals. 
- That the devil will not win, and that there will be no fear in what has been put before us. 
- The right words be put on our hearts and tongues especially the right words in Cebuano as most will not understand english. That the last 8 weeks of language school will be remembered and we will be able to understand and grasp the new words we will be learning and speaking. 

** Personally I am really wanting to be intentional with the leading of the Holy Spirit and listening to His guidance and teachings. As we will not have any technology with us, this will be a month of fasting from social media. Without these distractions I want to hear God and see Him in new ways through this time of stretching & going outside of my box and comfort zone. 



>>> I am excited for this adventure. 
>>> For this time to grow and strengthen my relationships with the girls who I have come to trust so deeply. 
>>> To grow deeper in love with God and to see the beauty that He is giving me to remember for the rest of my life.
>>> Developing an understanding of how to better relate to the women who I will come into relation with as a midwife and how to share the incredible love that our God has for them and their babies.







I ask if you remember, to pray for me. For the 5 other girls and their Spiritual walk with God during this next month. For a protection that can only be from God and His Angels. 
Wisdom for our translators. Open hearts of everyone we will meet. 






So if you wonder why I am MIA from facebook, my blogs, & instagram. 

--->>> that is why. <<<---


Cant wait to share with you what God allowed us to 
experience while we are in the bukid. 



{{ Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving. }}
I am so so very thankful for each and everyone of you who reads this blog. who supports me through prayer. who graciously supports me financially. and to all who love me so well in my lifes adventure. 
I couldn't do this without YOU. and I thank God for your amazing hearts that He has allowed me to get to know and care for. 




Thank you to my amazing family for your never ending love and prayers. I am so thankful that I have you by side. Cant wait to see you all next summer and to share this island && all the beautiful places it has to offer with you. I love you. 

Well...
Until December.

In Christ's Love
Emily Elizabeth


1 comment:

  1. Wow you go girl!! I'll definitely be praying for you! Another thanksgiving to remember ;-) you've got this!

    ReplyDelete