Monday, September 29, 2014

17 again.

think back.
far back.
or not so far back. 
depending on how many years you have grace this world with your presence.

>>> to when you                      were 17 years old. <<<

what were you doing in school?
what was your biggest dream?
what was the latest gossip? 
who did you secretly like?
what were you fighting about with your mom?
what style of clothing was "in"?

Me: I was a Junior in high school. vying for the attention from one boy who I would never totally have his heart as I desired. Taking my position as wrestling manager very seriously. Worrying about where I was going to start looking at colleges. Just trying to get by with my studies in school. Going to parties on the weekends and trying to fit in. Started working at Lexington Floral and Nordstrom the summer after the school year. Going to the beach everyday. Having bon fires accompanied with late night in depth talks. I remember laughing a lot, crying over stupid things, and feeling like I had everything together only to look back and laugh at myself because I was far from having things together. 

Now imagine your always uncomfortable, swollen feet, exhausted all the time, not being able to go out with friends and then boom you find yourself in a bed having deep painful contractions that are of a foreign feeling. Coming in and out of sleep & your body is filled with exhaustion. People around you who speak a language you can only understand a few words of. Telling you things you need to do. Pushing for an hour until finally you hear this sweet little whimper then cry from a new soul that was growing inside of you. In shock and exhausted. Not knowing what to think. Knowing your world just changed from having no worry in the world to now having one to worry about for the rest of your life. 

I was blessed to be able to observe/help a 17, still so young, strong and courageous girl, deliver a handsome baby boy into the world this last saturday. 

It broke my heart to realize that this happens way to often. Not just in developing countries but even developed countries. Girls younger then 17 becoming moms and forced to mature in a snap when they are mere children themselves. 

Will you join in praying with me for those girls around the world who are going through this immense life change of becoming a mother to their own children. 
No matter their situation wether an unplanned pregnancy 
or the victim of rape/sex trafficking. 
Lets lift them up to their True Father who loves them 
no matter what they are going through. 
No matter how deep the hurt is. 
They should know they are going through this alone. 

Keep these precious vulnerable hearts in your prayers. For strength in those times they just want to go to the mall with their friends but are stuck at home with a crying baby. For a love that will grow deep for their children so that they will choose them over going out and partying. An understanding of how special they are from those who surround their lives so that it will radiate to their child as they grow up. 

These girls, these moms need every ounce of encouragement. 
Give it to them. 
Pray for them.
Love them. 

I could never imagine what my life would be like right now if I became a mom at 17. I know that I would not be here in the Philippines learning how to support the women in this exact situation and give them a safe and healthy delivery of their child into this world. 

A 17 year old's little son was welcomed into this world.. 
She went from child to adult that very moment.

 
She is strong.
She is beautiful.
She is amazing. 
She will always be a daughter of the Most High. 

" I have cared for you since you were born. Yes, I carried you before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime- until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you." Isaiah 46:4





To all you amazing women out there.
Thank you : ) 
and NEVER stop being who you are because that is exactly who you were created to be.

In Christ's love
Emily Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment