Monday, April 7, 2014

Missionary.

Missionary.

{{ Webster definition:
                    a person who is sent to a foreign country to do religious work, a person undertaking a mission and especially a religious mission, very enthusiastic and eager about doing a job or supporting a cause. }}


I sent in my application for a midwifery school that is in the Philippines the other week. With a heart completely full of trust & faith that God would do the best thing for me. 

Everyone. I don't know why, but God trusts me. He loves me so much that He wants me to bring His children into this world. 

I opened up an email yesterday saying that I was accepted into the midwifery school. I shed a few tears. 
said "thank you" out loud. messaged my family. and then it hit me.

I am going to be a midwife. 



Not just a hope, a dream, a desire. 
But I am going back to school. To learn. Become equipped in all the right ways. 

I don't think it will really fully hit me until 
1. see my first birth or 2. am on the plane flying to the Philippines

 >> I am a missionary. Its in my bones. God has put it on my heart. This is who I am.  <<

Wether its in Haiti, the Philippines, the US. I am spreading Gods love that is overflowing from my heart. 

I will be trained not only to be a midwife, but a missionary midwife. To bring Gods love & mercy into every part of these women's pregnancies, births & motherhood.


God will be growing in and through me. Equipping me with scripture, revelations, prayers & how to support in a way that is unique to who He has created me to be. 

" Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more then we might ask or think." Ephesians 3:20

To think that this journey started with me desiring to only love children in Haiti, to meeting a day old handsome boy that brought me to Heartline Maternity Center where I was able to experience hands on what a midwife does. Surrendering this spark to God, trusting Him as He brought me back to Haiti to reveal to me that this is what He wants for my life through really having faith in God to show me the way. He does want me to love His children but even more to love their mothers so that in turn they will be the best moms that they can be to their babies.

I can't express how thankful I am for all of the support and encouragement that I have received. I know I am all over the place. God is not ready for me to settle down completely, He still has things to do with me. But with that, I will be in the Philippines for over 2 years, that will be the longest time living in one place since graduating High school. To be honest, I am excited. To invest in a culture, country & the people there. To learn what it means to really be on the mission field so that when I do come back to Haiti I know what to do. 

For all of you who have continued on this journey with me, I hope that you will not stop as God is just getting started. 

" Yet, O Lord, You are our Father. We are the clay, You are the potter; we are all the work of Your hand." Isaiah 64:8

I will need your prayers more then ever as I will be facing hands on, heartbreaking situations. Balancing my time studying, learning a new language & a completely new set of skills. This isn't going to be easy but it will be more then worth it to be able to come back to Haiti ready to get to work partnering with the women here. I know God will be with me every step of the way, which brings me a peace that is so satisfying. 


" Praise the Lord who has given rest to his people Israel, just as he promised. Not one word has failed of all the wonderful promises He gave through His servant Moses. May the Lord our God be with us as He was with our ancestors; may He never leave us or abandon us. May He give us the desire to do His will in everything and to obey all the commands, decrees, and regulations that He gave our ancestors. And may these words that I have prayed in the presence of the Lord be before Him constantly, day and night, so that the Lord our God may give justiceto me and to his people Israel, according to each day's needs. Then people all over the earth will know that the Lord alone is God and there is no other. And may you be completely faithful to the Lord our God. May you always obey His decrees and commands, just as you are doing today." 1 Kings 8:56-61


It won't be easy to leave Haiti. God has brought amazing people into my life and to not know when I will be back breaks my heart. But He has promised me that I will be back and will be able to call this my home. 

In Christ's Love,
Emily Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment