Friday, April 4, 2014

Haiti.

Hey.
So my friend posted this video. 

when ya get down to it, it is a good way to show what Haiti is like to those who have never experienced this amazingly beautiful island. 

I love it here. I love the smells even when they are not so good. I love the intense heat reminding me that I live on an island where the sun is always shining. I love the people I pass by. The children in their adorable uniforms knowing that they were fed knowledge that day. The bumpy roads, crazy drivers & no driving laws. I love seeing mothers help out each other with their children. The colorful produce that line the streets in large woven baskets. I think I could go on and on and on. 

So enjoy. I know there is heartbreak but out of that there is SO much joy that comes out of the relationships that are so strong here between each Haitian. Makes me jealous in ways. 



I have 2 months left here. 2 months to little. but 2 months where I know there will be growth & healing. 2 more months to soak up every ounce of memories this island has to offer to my life. 

In Christ's Love
Emily Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment