Sunday, April 13, 2014

friendships & scrubs.

I am so thankful for my friendships.

That God has so generously allowed me to have.

Relationships that are solid. Built with a love for serving God. 

Friendships in the states & friendships in Haiti. 

American, Canadian, Australian, Haitian. 

Really makes every moment special when living in community with others.

sharing special moments & memories.

I hold these relationships close to my heart. 

I am excited to meet the 7 girls who will be going through the next 2 1/2 years with me. 
( one girl is from Minnesota & we have mutual friends. small world right?!)

Learning how to be a midwife & a missionary. 

Thank you to everyone who has opened their arms to me, my life. 

Thank you for investing in what God is doing in my heart, the change and growth He is allowing now before I go and fill my mind with new knowledge.

I will be coming to the states for about 2 months before I fly to the Philippines to start school ( never thought I would hear those words come out of my mouth. I LOVE it ) 

Minnesota >> June 8-19
Kansas City >> June 19 - Mid July
Dallas >> Mid July - Mid August

I would LOVE to catch up with as many people as I can since it will be almost 3 years until I come back to the states. 

If you are free, I would love to get a coffee, take a walk or get sushi and catch up.

message me if you would like to pen in a date on your calendar!

Looking forward to the laughs : )

I have been missing little things from America. So I am really excited to come back and "spoil" myself in little ways. 
- going on long runs around parks              - happy hour with friends
- going to a movie                                     - getting frozen yogurt, my favorite : ) 
- swimming with my nieces & nephews      - cabin/lake time with my Kostecka Family
- cooking with delicious meals                   - go to the zoo

Current Needs 
- Seeking 4 individuals with a one time gift of $50 to continue to provide food bags for Christella and mum for the next 4 months. Please pray about supporting Christellas development. If you would like to support for one month click HERE

- In need of scrubs for school, if you are in the medical field or know of anyone who is doing some "spring cleaning" and has size Medium scrub tops & bottoms I would be so grateful to take them off your hands and put them to use in the Philippines. 

- Prayers for the next few months as I will be doing lots of traveling and transitioning from Haiti to the states then to the Philippines. 


I hope that we can all take time out of this week to remember what Christ did for us. Coming to earth, to live in a fallen world, to go through a brutal death that brought us forgiveness and grace. I am so thankful. God is allowing me so much growth & healing, becoming spiritually mature is a peaceful feeling that I hope will never end. Christ died FOR YOU so that you may live a life not in fear but in excitement to see what He has planned next. 

In Christ's Love
Emily Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment