Monday, February 17, 2014

Like Father. Like Daughter.

I love that God has put a passion in my dads heart for Haiti.

Riding to the compound after arriving in Haiti February 27, 2013.
Those sights, smells & sounds are apart of my everyday life here and in a way bring me comfort

The place that I call home. 


 {{ Its been almost a year since I first stepped foot in Haiti }}

since I started living my life 100% for the Lord. 

Since I completely surrendered my life to Him, giving Him control in where He guides me. 

(( I got to experience a healing with my Dad while I was here in Haiti one year ago ))



I am so thankful for that. 


I got to show my dad this new life in the mountains of Haiti. 
I am thankful He and I are alike in how we go with the flow && love adventure ; ) 

- Rode tap tap to valentines dinner. He took me and 2 other friends out to a                 
   delicious Mediterranean restaurant.
- He took me grocery shopping
- He got to see where I am living in the mountains now and the beautiful view I get to be surrounded by everyday when I am in my "office" 
- Meet Rhyan and her 2 sweet kiddos
- Eat at Boutiller or the "look out" which overlooks all of Port au Prince. 

- Enjoy some REBO coffee
- Ride a moto from the mountain through PAP to the airport

Best sight to see. My dad. suitcase strapped to the back of a moto. 
Cruisin through town. 

                                                                                   This is how we do it here. >>>>>

I Love how God works. In our lives, in our hearts & in our family. 





I can't wait till rest of my family can come here and see why I love this country, these people. this life. 


In Christ's Love
E

" Now therefore, if I have found favor in your sight, please show me now your ways, that I may know you in order to find favor in your sight. Consider too that this nation is your people." 
Exodus 33:13


I still struggle with WHY God did you choose me? for this country, for this calling, for this responsibility. I am learning to trust Him more and more. To be at peace with being at the beginning of this journey. To take it day by day, even when He decides to throw a rock into the calm pond and cause a ripple in my life, I have grown to just Trust. This is a long journey but one that I am so thankful and excited for. 

I am thankful for the support of my family. That I have their  words of encouragement always in my mind. That my mom is always worrying about me which i love, my dad will ride a moto & is continuing to plant roots in Haiti, my sister continues to be a role model in my life, my brother who steps out in faith in his community. I love my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment