Thursday, February 6, 2014

Espwa Berlancia.

It has been almost one week of living up in the mountains. 

Life here is peaceful. Clean. relaxing. NOT dusty. Quiet. Cooler temps. 

I LOVE the small town feel. 

" What is more pleasing to the Lord: 
   your burnt offerings and sacrifices
or your obedience to His voice?
Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice,
   and submission is better than offering the fat of rams."
                  1 Samuel 15:22

Obedience is hard, but with this move it was easy. God revealed to me His plan for my life. 
His calling for my life…. Midwifery.

I want to do this because He wants it for my life. 

{{{ If you know me, you know that I do not like much to do about medical, so therefore this is 98% Him and 2% me }}}

I find so much peace in that. Knowing that I can TRUST Him through every step of this journey because it truly is 
His desire for my life.

He brought Rhyan into my life. Someone who shares a similar vision, desires & excitement for serving the women of Haiti. 

I can not express how thankful I am to be serving along side this woman who God has greatly blessed. She is an amazing friend, support, and mother. I just know I am going to learn SO much from her as I already have in the time I have known her. 

---------------> read more on Rhyans Blog & Ministry Website  <--------------------

Espwa Berlancia is growing. I am apart of this ministry. 
God planned this from the very first step I took in Haiti February of last year. 

My Position:
Prenatal Program Coordinator

Things are changing always, God continues to open our eyes to the immense need of prenatal care here so therefore my position will always be changing in small ways. 

- I will be doing lots of growing in the financial area as that is a responsibility of mine. This is good for me : ) 
- Creating/seeking out a variety of weekly classes for the women enrolled in our Pregnancy Partnership Program.
- Doing home visits for our new mommas seeking to join the program as well as mommas who have delivered. 
- Assisting in prenatal check-ups weekly
- Assisting in baby check-ups weekly
- Updating those who sponsor our mommas & seeking out individuals/families to sponsor new women who come into the program
- Assisting deliveries
- Fostering malnourished babies

I feel like there are several other things but I can't think right now! Who knows what God has planned for Rhyan and I but all i know is that I am SO excited to begin my midwifery classes…. 
which I can do them now because of YOUR support this month of February. 

THANK YOU


It feels SO great to be back working. to be using my mind towards something that is close to my heart.

Its been almost a year since I had a full time paying job.

I wouldnt trade this for anything. I wouldnt trade living in Haiti for anything. 

My life is here. I can't wait to see how the Lord continues to move in my life.

First things first, Midwifery classes & learning to speak creole. 
( I pray everyday that God would just flip a switch in my mind, He can do it right?)

[ I love the freedom, independence & feeling of life up here in the mountain ]

Submission to God is what I am focusing on. To really work hard. To submit to what He has planned for me. To put all my energy and strength into my classes, into these new relationships, learning my surroundings, trusting God for protection, seeking His voice, allowing Him to mold me, understanding this culture.

This is an everyday challenge as life has a way of distracting us. 
Yet, God knows how He is going to capture us each and everyday. 

I am submitting to this calling. I am honestly ready to settle into why God has called me to Haiti. 

If you have ANY questions please email me
>>> emily@espwaberlancia.org <<<

Rhyan and I would LOVE for you to come and partner with us by supporting us and this ministry monthly. We have pregnant women everyday asking to be in our program. We can't do this without funds for these women to be able to receive care from us, the local clinic, food bags weekly and anything that comes up unexpectedly. 


Will you pray about joining us monthly? Wether its $5 or $100 or whatever God puts on your heart we would love for you to be apart of not just these Mommas journeys, but our journey as we are discovering how God wants to use us here in more ways.


{{ You can donate by going to the Espwa Berlancia website and clicking that cute little face on the right }}

From my first trip to Haiti Feb 2013.
God Captured my heart and never imagined
That I would call Haiti my home.
Blessed with His sovereignty in my life.

Thank you to all who support me, who are praying for me 
following this unexpected journey 
which started almost exactly a year ago,
that God has me on here in Haiti

Soon I will have title of midwife (that will be a while but atleast I am able to start it!!)

In Christ's Love
E

No comments:

Post a Comment