Friday, February 21, 2014

Famsaj.

Famsaj. Midwife. partería. obstetrícia. ebelik. 

{{The midwife is recognised as a responsible and accountable professional who works in partnership with women to give the necessary support, care and advice during pregnancy, labour and the postpartum period, to conduct births on the midwife’s own responsibility and to provide care for the newborn and the infant. This care includes preventative measures, the promotion of normal birth, the detection of complications in mother and child, the accessing of medical care or other appropriate assistance and the carrying out of emergency measures. The midwife has an important task in health counselling and education, not only for the woman, but also within the family and the community. This work should involve antenatal education and preparation for parenthood and may extend to women’s health, sexual or reproductive health and child care. 
A midwife may practise in any setting including the home, community, hospitals, clinics or health units.}}

- International Confederation of Midwives

TODAY. today marks the start of the rest of my life, taking a journey that I can only give God all the glory to. 


I officially signed up for my midwifery classes through Midwife to Be. 


to those who believe in me, support me & pray for me. 

THANK YOU. because I could have not done it without you. 

This is only the first step. 

I pray that you will continue to follow this path God has me on. To be apart of these women's lives here. To support them in ways that you never knew you could. You are apart of this ministry that God has put into my heart. I still need your support. I want you to be apart of the changes God is doing here. I want you to come and visit our sweet mommas and babies. 

[[ Yesterday, I had a conversation with a new momma who is 4 months pregnant. In creole, which I most likely sounded like a 2 year old, I was able to get her information, and I got it all mostly right : ) I took vitals, measured bellies & loved these women the best I could in that moment. ]]

This is going to be my life from this moment on. 


This makes my heart thankful, my mouth smile, my soul be filled with joy & 
my mind explode because I don't really know what I am getting myself into. 


"The world focuses on maternal health because saving women stimulates the economy, bolsters communities and strengthens families. Women’s unpaid work equals about one third of world GDP; when a woman dies, children risk of dying within two years increases tenfold."
-The Global Health Policy Summit Report

Again. I can not say it enough. 

THANK YOU------------ to everyone who donated for my classes, who prayed & continues to pray for me, 

and those who continue to spur me in the right direction. 


I am going to be a midwife. 
I am going to bring children into this world.
I am going to love the women of Haiti.
I am going to go through hundreds of pregnancies without being pregnant myself. 
I am going to show these women how much God loves them. 

blessed.


In Christ's Love
Emily Elizabeth




No comments:

Post a Comment