Thursday, November 7, 2013

Stateside traveling.

hi,

as I promised here is a run down of October. it was a CRAZY month as I was gone for the last 2 weeks of it. 

First, for my birthday present my family sent me to Florida to see two beautiful ladies who God put in my life over the summer at CLS. I flew to the panhandle of Florida and stayed in a town called Marianna. Part of me would have loved to grow up in a small town but then i think of all the drama I had in my "suburban town" and i remind myself how thankful I am to have just grown up in the US. 





 Your grace abounds in deepest waters

 Your sovereign hand

Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

I stayed with Jordan's family where I learned all about college football in florida, who to root for and who is bad. It was a new experience for me and now I know to say "GO CANES" : ) thanks Momma Burke! I got to see so much as Jordan and I went to Panama City and enjoyed the beautiful white sandy beach, beautiful sunset & boardwalk. Brandy met up with us and as you could imagine the 3 of us got into trouble. PSYC we just spent like 2 hours wandering through Walmart. We carved pumpkins and made caramel apples… what else to do in October right? oh and we watched the last Twilight while scooping out pumpkin seeds. 






We attended a masquerade gala for an amazing foundation that Jordan and her family are very close with. It was fun dressing up : ) check out the Wright Foundation as they do amazing work with those who need help right in our backyard. The founder is an amazing woman who has a heart for Haiti as well. Jordan went with her last year to hand out scholarships to those children in Haiti. 

It was so great to have a relaxing time talking and laughing with those people who God has given me community with even tho we are apart and don't know the next time we will see each other. It is amazing to have friends who point me in the right direction. who i can be completely honest with and upfront about healing from my past and questions of my future. I am so grateful for Jordan and Brandy and those they have introduced me to as well. I can't wait to see Brandy again praying it will be in Haiti : ) and so excited to visit Jordan in Nicaragua as God has amazing things planned for her there. 






So after spending a long weekend there I flew back tuesday night, unpacked & washed my clothes then repacked to only wake up wednesday morning, early, and catch 3 flights that finally got me to San Diego. Unfortunately they lost my bag but that was a huge learning moment as I reminded myself there are so many people around the world who don't have enough clothes to fill a suitcase. Also I had to surrender my anger to God and let it not get the best of me as I was so grateful to be able to fly out and visit my family before I go back to Haiti. 




I got to see my sister in law's friends as I went to their women's bible study, and it made me so excited to think about starting a bible study with the women in Haiti. Its amazing to see the friendships they have all formed and to realized that it makes a HUGE difference to have friends who all believe in God and are yearning to live a life serving Him and becoming more like Jesus. 

I was able to share a little bit about what God is calling me to do back in Haiti. I am so thankful for all the prayer warriors I have in California. 







Got to see my beautiful grandma Elsie, who I think I get a lot of "me" from. We got to pick walnuts, have In-and-out, and spend time hearing stories : ) 
I love this woman and pray that one day she will be at my wedding. 


Got to take walks on the beach, see more extended family as my other grandma and grandpa, got Fidels with my aunt and uncle, sushi with my other aunt and got to have some cousin time with Kersti. I am so thankful to have her in my life and pray that one day she will be able to come and visit me in Haiti  and experience the beauty there. I met my new baby cousin Lily who is a sweet pea. It was so fun to hangout with my niece and nephew as                 they are growing up WAY TO FAST. 



                   Thanks to my brother & katherine for always making my visits so memorable esp with those long walks, talks & yummy eats. 








I am always so blessed with the family God has given me. 





I flew back home to KC and the very next day was Halloween on 17th street. Let me give you a visual. HUGE bucket of candy filled at 5pm. completely GONE at 8pm. Yup lots of cute little kids trick or treating and lots of creepy scary kids too. We celebrated Isaacs 3rd bday with a superhero party and I had a blast making and decorating a "superhero cake" it was a fun night with the community here in KCK. 






There were SO many fun costumes at the party. My sister and her superhero family were the Incredibles and I was Edna. We also had batman and robin, mimes, a rainbow fish, some pirates, other superheros, princesses, heat mister & freeze mister.

We had lots of yummy food, popcorn and cheetos was the birthday boy request. 



{Shout out to my amazing sister. She is a wonderful mother, wife, doctor & friend. I am so thankful that I get to call her my best friend and that I always have a home here in Kansas City. She is an amazing role model for my life in so many ways. I can't wait to share experiences with you in Haiti and can't wait to plan my wedding with you whenever that is : ) THank you Holly for your love, support, honesty, trust, friendship, sisterly love, giving me a bed to sleep in & so much more.}


I have 12 days till I fly back to Haiti and so much to do but my first thing is to spend as much time with my sister and her family, with my friends here, and storing those memories away for the days when i need a pick me up. 




 Have lots planned this weekend as its my last one in Kansas. We will be driving to Texas on tuesday and spending time with my parents. For all of you in Texas I will be there for a week and am having a party to share what God is doing with me in Haiti. If you would like to come email me for more info : ) 

Until next time… which will maybe be my first post back in Haiti.



Praying for a wonderful Holiday season, that we may all remember why we celebrate and what we are truly thankful for. 



In Christ's Love 

E


**** if you think about it while praying, i have a few prayer requests…

~ safe travels to Texas and for my Dad and I to Haiti
~ that God will provide donors for monthly financial support for my life in Haiti
~ support for HFMS as we are in need of an inverter, washing machine and ministry vehicle
~ smooth transition 
~ open doors to relationships & community in the ravine where we will be ministering to.

Mesi Anpil

No comments:

Post a Comment