Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Kreyol Lesson #1

Bonswa,


Well I have been back in Haiti for a week now and I must say I am home : )

The smiles, smells, and sights give me an overwhelming feeling of urgency to jump in and do so much but I am learning to step back and follow Gods timing and lead. 

My little man Esai is so precious. He fell asleep in my arms the other day. Words cannot express the emotions I felt being back in that house where I went everyday for a week. To share with Esley that I am so thankful for her yet in return she spoke precious words of praise about what I am doing in the area. 

That glory goes only to God. 


I am thankful that He is using ME to do this here. 

I see so much need every time I walk down those tiny corridors, hunger in children's eyes as I cross over the stream full of garbage that pigs are eating from, the yearning for a bit of relaxation in knowing that there will be full tummies that night from those blank stares.


Had my first Kreyol lesson. lets just say I need prayers. There were lots of laughs & misunderstanding. But in the end I know how to have a conversation asking if someone knows kreyol or english. 

I am getting there, just don't really know where THERE will be. hopefully to be speaking fluently. 

Misunderstanding happens a lot. 

I am Learning that this week. Through those misunderstandings, God is revealing and helping me to understand why He wants me here.

Many people misunderstand the needs here, the language & the culture.

But the more I am learning about the culture, God is opening my eyes to different ways to live. Day by day life goes on. So many of us have little perspective and think that people need to live a certain way. I am learning that this is not right.

Esley is doing everything she can to keep Esai alive and healthy. What a devoted mom. She is not able to get enough food to eat which in turn her milk supply is drying up. This shouldn't happen.


This life may be hard, heck, no one i bet would ever want to live this way yet here for most of haiti, this is their life. They have community, they have support in their neighborhoods, and they have a faith that is admirable. how many of you can truly say you have those things in your life?


This is my life. and I couldn't be more at peace.


I can't wait to begin sewing classes. Doing medical clinics. Holding babies. Wiping tears away. praying & shouting praises together. and more.


Thank you for your prayers. They are needed everyday. 
We are still getting most the logistics figured out and in need of donations for us to begin these services for the women. 


If you or you know of anyone who would like to donate to HFMS please email me or FB message me as we will be sending out a Christmas Catalogue of items that are needed to begin bringing women to this house to receive 

love & rest. 


In Christ's Love
E

No comments:

Post a Comment