Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Excited heart.

Good morning from Haiti. Finally.


As I lay awake half from excitement and half from the roosters telling me its morning when its only 5am, I try to imagine all the amazing things God is going to do in this house. 

I cant wait to go to the ravine and hold my sweet boy esai ( Isaiah), embrace Esley in my arms and tell her how much I missed her and that she was in my prayers daily. 

I cant wait to meet the beautiful ladies who meet here every month with the micro loan ministry KOFAEL. 

There is so much to look forward to but I need to rest in the Lord and take every day, every moment, every experience in with just the day that lays before me. It is Haiti and things happen at a very different pace and days often can take a quick turn of events. 

I am so blessed that my dad can be here to move me in, experience this neighborhood, my new life here, meet those women and children who are so dear to my heart. I am more and more like Him and I love that His heart for Haiti beats so loudly just like mine. 

I promise I will write more later but since my mind is already running I would try and soothe it by getting its words & thoughts out.

Thank you to everyone who is praying for me. To have just those prayers fills my heart with joy knowing that I have so much support & God is hearing each and every one of those prayers if I never do. 

My 2 prayer request at the moment : 
~ for my creole, that God would imbed every word & phrase into my mind to be able to use to speak to those around me. 
~ That my dad is able to experience special moments between him and those who God has brought into my life. Those meetings will fill him with happiness and a deep everlasting joy. That he will be proud of his daughter and those relationships that mean so much to my heart. 

Creole word of the day: Chanm. it means room : ) 

Which my room is coming along. Lots to do still. Going to tap into my moms building skills and build a desk/wall shelf. I hope I make her proud : ) 

Pictures to follow.

Mesi Anpil

In Christ’s Love,

E


ps. its a beautiful day. blue skies. light breeze. children walking to school. can't wait for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment