Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Very Merry.

Christmas has come and gone.
so fast.
like it always does. 
it always feels like it is gone as fast as it approaches. 
what a Christmas it was.

Another one away from family.
Away from cold. 
away from hearts that I am apart of. 

This year was one of laughter.
(a break down in the kitchen that followed laughter) 
memories.
and fun. 

Baking with my roommates.
opening presents.
watching movies.
listening to Christmas music. 

This year I got to spend Christmas with my cousin.
my other sister.
she flew in on Christmas day.
Words can't describe how full of joy my heart was.
Showing her my life the past 1 1/2 years.
getting to share with her my passion.
bringing life into this world. 
at 4:14 am.
Kersti saw her first birth. 
a sweet baby girl. 

it was a beautiful birth. 
as to me so many are. 
Something about sharing that moment with her.
that memory is tucked deep in my heart. 
along with so many that we already have together.
I love her. 
I love that she came here to the Philippines.

She refreshed my soul. 
it will not be ending soon.

In a few hours I am flying up to Manila to join her and Wipe Every Tear for a week.
a week of loving. 
a week of seeking.
a week of growing.

we will be going into slums.
into bars in the red light district. 

to seek out those girls who need Gods love.
Who need someone to care for them in a deep, pure, genuine way. 

God has given me a desire to combine midwifery in the future with those who have been or are being sex trafficked.
I have seen numerous documentaries.
I have shed endless tears.

I do not know what I will experience.
All I know is that I am praying.
for an open heart.
a vulnerable mind to the Holy Spirit. 
and to love in every way I can.
put aside me feelings and take on those of the girls we will encounter. 

Please pray for us, for our hearts, for those girls who need Gods love encounter. 
for our leaders, safe travels & protection of Holy Angels to surround us. 

I can't wait to share with you when I get back. 
I can't wait for this change of scenery.
a break from birth. 
a renewal & refreshment of spirit and soul. 



Please keep us in your prayers. 
Pray for divine interventions & conversations.
I am so thankful I get to be experiencing this with Kersti. 
to have this week together. 


I am still in need of funds to cover the cost of this trip. If you feel led to financially support me this next week you can go to the "give" tab or click HERE.

Happy New Years.
I pray that God speaks to your heart in what He is going to prepare for you this 2016. 

In Christ's divine & vulnerable love,
Emily Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment