Wednesday, January 6, 2016

WARRIORS of the night.

there is a world known.
but unacknowledged.
a world of filth.
but few desiring to go in an clean it. 
a world where men dominate. 
and girls forgetting their worth by the second. 


   |||   T H E   S E X  T R A D E   ||| 

a trade that satan uses to steal lives, kill dreams & destroy families. 




but Jesus came to recapture, give new life & proclaim hearts of His beloved. 





the women I met.
the stories I heard.
the emptiness I saw. 
the brokenness I felt. 

Lord sweep every red light district like a 
              T I D A L  W A V E. 
knock your daughters off their feet. 
saturate their hearts. 
bring new life.
new direction.
new dreams.
new opportunities.
heal their wounds that run so deep.
be the { perfect Father } that You are to them. 
restore. revive. renew.

refill their lives with worth && purpose. 

their words are stuck in my heart. 
"I hate my job"
"Why are you doing this for me?" 
"My family doesn't know I am here"
"My children live in the province, I miss them"
"I am exhausted"
"I love to cook" 
"all I do is work from 6pm-4am, go home sleep, eat & wash. That is my life" 
"2,500 pesos for a night is how much a man pays for only a little time."
"I went to year 3 of college but then didn't have enough money to finish so I came here to work"
"My favorite color is pink"
"thank you for loving me even though I am dirty"
"I have only been here for 3 months" 
"We have a choice to say no to any customer but we will get in trouble if we do"




We celebrated their lives by throwing a Christmas party.
A time they could come. 
Eat, laugh & and just be.




Over 170 girls & ladyboys came.


their smiles were genuine. 
their hearts were at rest. 
they were free for a split second to be loved the right way. 

To see all these hearts gathered together in a church. 
one with no roof. 
{ maybe that is symbolic in some way. }
no judgement.
just L O V E . 


there are so many pictures seared into my mind. 
this one I will NEVER be able to forget. 
Walking Street. The mile and a half,
bars to your left && right.
over 15,000 girls stand on stages here.
I witnessed it three times.

a man, 
throwing bills of 20 pesos down to the girls on the stage. 
as they all screamed, jumped and dove for them. 
20 pesos. 
about 50 cents. 
as the man, throwing up his hands.
like he is doing something great.
that he should be worshiped. 

the girls counting their bills.
and sticking them in their bras. 

that moment they were not girls.
that moment they were not humans.
that moment they were deemed worthless by his actions. 
like a flock of birds fighting after a little piece of bread to satisfy their stomachs. 



Oh Jesus, convict the hearts of your sons. 
realign their hearts and minds on how a woman is to be treated.
to be loved. desired. pursued with purity. 
the way you do.


STOP this supply and demand circle. 
we should NEVER be bought for our bodies. 

we can take as many girls away from the bars. < supply
but the men will always find another heart to break down. < demand

we need help on both ends. 
to work together. 
to end it. 


Oh Jesus you are sending a revival into this world. 
one day at a time.
things are changing.
new generations are rising up and going out.
proclaiming your love.
showing your love. 
accepting people as they are. 
for their pasts. 
loving purely.

Jesus did't proclaim the Gospel everywhere He went.
the Gospel was shown through His love. 
His words.
His healing. 


sometimes it is just enough to look into the girls eyes that are consumed with pain 
and let her see 
the freedom of Jesus in yours. 

It is not my job to save. 
It is my job to love. 
So that Jesus can swoop in and redeem. 


In Christ's Love
Emily Elizabeth

more to come about the week I spent in manila.... this is all my heart could process right now.
{{ thank you for praying & supporting me here in the Philippines. My time is coming to an end quicker then I imagined. I thank God for allowing people to see into others lives over here through my experiences. I am ready to finish my studies so I can go back out into the world and be with my sisters.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily,
    This is so heart breaking.
    Your studies are ending?
    Where is God taking you next?

    ReplyDelete