Saturday, September 13, 2014

Apple Cider Vinegar.


Well it lasted for about.... 3 days. 


apple cider vinegar shots in the morning. 
brutal.
but supposed to be oh so good for you. for your skin. weight loss. alkalizing my body< whatever that means. 


It keeps taking me back to the time when I would take shots of clear liquid out of a water bottle... ya know. that potato fermented stuff that starts with a V.

^^ Makes me giggle when I think back to when I thought I was so sneaky and so cool. Oh hey high school me, there are more things to life and you would never guess where you are going to live and what you are going to be doing in the world : ) 


Part of me tells myself that it will taste like apple cider. as fall is my favorite season and I will not be enjoying it to the fullest as I usually do with EVERYTHING apple & pumpkin. 

and then I take it and am SO satisfied let down as it burns the whole way from my mouth to stomach. 

seems like that happens a lot in life. you make a decision you think is good... then you figure out it was soooo not. It didn't give you the satisfaction you thought it would have. you end up with a hangover of disappointment. 

I have had one to many of those days. weeks. months. years? 
oh yes. I am far from perfect. 

I like to think that I can do things. Stick with things that are healthy for me. But then realize that it takes longer then just a few days to really make an impact. 

be right back gotta go take my "apple cider yumminess"

ish. I did it.


{I am really getting into a good routine being grounded FINALLY in the Philippines. I hope its healthy. been running, lifting weights, going on bike rides. drinking lots of water && coconut water. Eating healthy. having deep fellowship. never ending laughs. conversations with meaning. trust that is growing genuine roots. exploring the city around me. spending precious time with my Savior}



My life seems so much more manageable when I can actually have somewhat control and freedom in going out by myself for a long run after language school or be in the kitchen for hours with french music && beautiful colorful food to create something yummy with. Allowing a time to process, sweat & feel rejuvenated.
I wanted to drive this car home.
its full of coconuts.
if you couldn't tell : ) yumm

I am happy. 
SO HAPPY. 
have I mentioned how happy I am with life here? 
well I am. Peace & certainty is surrounding me. 


 Its in these times that I need to keep my guard up. Cause there is always a snake slithering my way to do something to ruin this serenity.




" Your idealism means nothing here. Your Christian gospel has never scrupled the conscience of my children. You think you love them, but wait until you know them, if you can ever know them! You presume you are ready to grapple with me, understand my mysteries and change my nature. But I am easily able to overpower you with my gloom, my remoteness, my heedless brutality, my indolence, my unashamed morbidity, my total otherness! Think again before you commit yourself to certain disillusionment! can't you see I am no place for your wife? I am no place for your son. I am no place for you..."        
From Peace Child. by Don Richardson (I highly recommend this book. eye opening. convicting and encouraging)

>>As the vinegar slides down its reminds me. brings back memories. past regrets. 
that pesky snake thrives on bringing me down. reminding me of my sinful ways. 

but when the good, promised health effects start to show I realize that there is something good that comes from determination. The bad negativity doesn't hold you down forever. That moments of bitterness is only that... a moment.

{{ God has redeemed me from my old self. I have been given a new life. one full of healing, growth and mercy. }}

I have been washed clean and the bottom of the bottle no longer represents my heart, soul, life. 

I am full. 
In Him.



I no longer have to worry about that snake creeping into my life. 
I can lean on God. for strength. healing and forgiveness. 
to be able to look back on all my mistakes and not dwell on them.
not let them define me.
but to be defined by who I am now in Christ. 
I am the daughter of the One who spilled His blood for my mistakes. 


I am going to strive to abide in Him.
Acquire my strength only from Him. Find life from Him to fill me up when I am empty. 
To make it not only a habit but my daily life to live without reservation in and for Him.
Giving thanks. Singing sweet praises. Falling further and further...
In Love with the Redeemer of my heart. 

I am New. 

"This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" 
2 Corinthians 5:17



Praises & updates.
- week 2 of language school. Understanding SO much more. having LOTS of laughs. 
- My roommate got back friday : ) we are basically the same person in a different body. God makes me giggle sometimes. I am so excited to deepen this relationship.
- found the cutest little cafe. clean eating nummies. they have cheese & yogurt : ) and lots of healthy delicious food. cant wait to go there next weekend
- Have I mentioned that there are some beautiful sunsets here... yeah I did post 2 photos on this blog. they are breathtaking and remind me every day of Gods beautiful creations that are just for us!

Prayer Requests
- continual retention of this new language
- good health for all of us girls as few are feeling run down.
- safe travels for my parents. far as I know they are having a wonderful time somewhere there in Europe ; ) 
- I work tomorrow and am praying I get to finally observe a birth!


In Christ's Redeeming Love
Emily Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment