Friday, September 26, 2014

Seeing for the first time.


How many years did You plan this moment here
To show me how 
You love me.


went on a looooong bike ride this last saturday with Elizabeth.

Oh what beautiful views God had planned for our hearts.



The things I saw, heard, smelt.
I took it ALL in. 

We discovered where they make TONS of coconut oil. Look at where your coconut oil is from. If it says its coconuts are from the Philippines. Then I know exactly where it is squeezed, boiled and put into jars of pure amazingness : ) 

We found a dirt path off the main road that took us to a cliff overlooking the Davao Gulf. We met a handful of lalaki ( little boys) who were swimming and enjoying the day. We got to practice out Cebuano which is getting better... I hope. 

This island is so beautiful. The faces always plastered with contagious smiles. Hands waving all over to make sure we can see them. Kissing noises ( thank you Haiti for preparing me) The laughter & giggles from innocent little souls. and honking. Oh so much honking. 


We have been in school for 4 weeks and i am in awe and constant shock of how much I actually am remembering. Its hard. But so worth it. We have amazing teachers who are so wonderful and fun to learn from. This week we learned how to make coconut milk, coconut oil and coconut shavings. It was my favorite day yet at I am a coconut freak and will be experimenting even more with this natural yumminess that is so bountiful here. Thank You God.  


I am always feeling overwhelmed with emotions when I stop, open my eyes and I am then reminded where I am living & what I am doing here. He had this planned from my very beginning and I could just imagine how many laugh attacks He had when I freaked out not knowing what I would be doing next. 

"Emily, you silly girl. I have everything planned out and you have NO idea what skills I am going to equip you with & where I am going to send you" - God





through my many moves I thought I felt peace about where I was. I did a few times and am blessed to have had them. it seems that I experienced that peace when I was in a season of growth. 
This time I am in a season of not only growth but of being equipped with skills that will carry me through my entire life. 

Well I have a feeling He will still have PLENTY of laugh attacks ahead of Him but this unbelievable feeling of peace is so amazing. I welcome it with open arms. 


Knowing I am in the right place where He desires me to be. 
Not worrying about whats next. 
Or where I will move to. 

breathtaking. comforting. tranquility. 

Just being here. Living in the moment of every day. Yearning for growth and knowledge. In my calling as a midwife and in my relationship with my Savior. 

Oh how I wish you all could come and experience this city. 
The beautiful hearts of these people. 
This life they live out here every day. 

I pray that He opens your eyes to the beauty around you. To what He wants you to understand, desire & dream. Take in those little moments and I promise you will find Him in them. I am sure they will make you crave more and more of them && Him. 


Rest in His peace. 
In His Love. 
Emily Elizabeth










No comments:

Post a Comment