Thursday, August 28, 2014

Koinonia

Koinonia:
  1. Christian fellowship or communion, with God or, more commonly, with fellow Christians.




"Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from His love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? are your hearts tender and compassionate? Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose." Philippians 2:1-2


living life together. 
in fellowship.
with ONE MIND.
ONE PURPOSE. 
learning a skill. << ---- that goes back to Exodus. 

going through culture shock together. 
exploring.
investigating a new language. 
creating bonds that will last a lifetime. 
encouraging through living in community ---->> growing together spiritually. 

How faithful God is. 
giving me these desires that my heart has yearned for. 


These girls. Only living with them for 2 weeks I can already tell how we are going to grow deep friendships. 
2 1/2 years I can only imagine what we will go through together. 

I want to introduce you to my sisters in Christ who will
 forever be apart of this season of my life. 
Ellora - in the stillness of her personality there is a heart that is so alive and loving. 
Rebecca - 19 years old and so full of knowledge from Gods word. 
Sunshine - adventurous soul that is yearning to shine a light in the areas of the world covered in darkness. 
Vienna - contagious desire for knowledge && knows how to make us laugh
Elizabeth - genuine soul && deep passions for life
Rebekah - understanding of life in a different culture & eagerness to learn skills
Mary Ellen - dependable && ready for growth in this season of her life. 

All of these girls come from big families ranging from 5-12. 
I am an outcast in that area : ) 
I will be learning many many things from them to say the least.

These women of Christ already encourage me, challenge me & believe in me. 
we believe in each other. 
God has called us ALL here at this time for a reason.

I am blessed by friendships. 
Philippines, Haiti, USA, Australia, Europe.  
I hope that I will be able to add more continents and countries.
More relationships.
Deep fellowship.
Memories & moments. 


Living in Koinonia is beautiful.
Living with my sisters in Christ is remarkable. 

Living for God.
Breathtaking. 


In Christ's Love
Emily Elizabeth

                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment