Wednesday, April 4, 2018

heaviness.

break my heart for what breaks yours Lord.

This.
This plea.
This longing to feel a smidge of what He feels.
Is powerful. Overwhelming. Weighty.

Its a blessing.
But also a place of foreign comfort.

God has been teaching me these past few months how He is burdened by this world.
I feel it.
Pain. Anger. Sorrow. Confusion. Sadness. Striving. Burdened. Rejection. Misunderstanding.

Its heavy.
My heart so overwhelmed with all these emotions.
Its been hard for me to walk in joy.
Because they are weighing me down.
Making my footsteps slow and heavy.

This season I find myself in has been difficult in a good way.
which sounds ironic.
But it has drawn me closer to the heart of Jesus.
To be able to see a deeper reason of why He chose to come to this earth.
To endure rejection & persecution.
So that we don't have to walk with the weight of our sins daily.
That He will take them.
and make them light.
Replace them with JOY.

I am learning to lay all this before the Lord.
To connect with those around me going through difficulties.
Be a place of peace, trust & vulnerability.
Which my heart so desires this to those I am in relationship with.
But letting it go, allowing God to carry it with me.
Is something I am learning daily.
That its not my burden to be held on my shoulders.

This world is so broken.
In need of immense healing.
That can only be done by God, Jesus & Holy Spirit.
What power our trinity holds.

I am grateful for this season.
For feeling, processing & walking instep with God in healing.
My heart feels.
But my heart is also learning to love deeper.
When those I love find themselves in dark places.
That God is using me.
Speaking through me.
Something I have always desired.
Someone I have always desired to be.

Find that one person in your life.
To be open and vulnerable with.
To trust with those emotions you do not know what to do with.
That you need to reveal to begin processing.
But know that only God is our one true counselor.
The only healer.
The only One that can truly remove our burdens && pain.

How anxious my heart is for that day there will be no more pain.

In Christ's Love
Emily Elizabeth



No comments:

Post a Comment