Monday, January 1, 2018

A manger.

Now at this time Mary arose and went in a hurry to the hill country, to a city of Judah, and entered the house of Zacharias and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. And she cried out with a loud voice and said, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! 'And how has it happened to me, that the mother of my Lord would come to me? For behold, when the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby leaped in my womb for joy. And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what had been spoken to her by the Lord."   Luke 1:39-45


My very first "catch" and a birth that
took multiple hands, sweat &&
words of encouragement.


Mary.
Favored. 
An unwed virgin. 
Her heart pursued by the Perfect. 
Blessed. 

" And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what had been spoken to her by the Lord."

How powerful this verse is. 
How it can be true to us all in seasons & promises of our lives. 








Jesus, your promises are so beautiful to see fulfilled. 

As I look back on this year.
God fulfilled a promise He made to me on August 7, 2013.

"But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good new of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the City of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." 
Luke 2 : 10-12

I found a new babe, in a tin shack in the slum of Port-au-Prince. 
This boy.
Named Isaiah. 
Became my sign that my life had greater meaning and calling. 
God had His own desire that I would never imagine for myself.

The families I got be be apart of, this one
in particular. So grateful to have walked this season
with them & welcome their son into this world.





{{ A Midwife. }}

Through a long journey, spanning 3 years, 2 continents, countless hours, sweat, deep breaths, empowering words, long nights taking on long days, confusion, growth, ticking clocks, laughs & tears, disappointment, triumphs, different languages and babies. many many babies. 
over 200 first breaths I was beautifully allowed to witness. 








I can officially say that I am a Certified Professional Midwife.
Graduate with an Associates of Science in Midwifery degree.
no longer a student. 

The ending of one journey always entails the beginning of a new one. 
One that is taking me to a different state. 
Always bittersweet. 
My very last "catch" as a student midwife.
and what a redeeming empowered birth this was.
(6 week postpartum pictured ^^)
But leaving the bitter and allowing the sweet to come with me. 

God is pointing me north, towards family & new opportunities in Kansas City. 

Thank you does not even start to describe the gratitude I have to everyone who prayed, supported, spoke words of encouragement & loved me over these years. Without God using you in all the ways He did, I feel like I would not be where I find myself today. So I pray for blessings beyond magnitude for you in all you have poured out to me. 

My Family, you know my heart & how much I love each and everyone of you. For all your prayers and always believing in me. I am so grateful to have celebrated this achievement with you and for loving me through the mountains and valleys. 

A thank you from the innermost part of my heart to all of my teachers, supervisors and preceptors who have poured into me over the last 3 years. The skills you helped pull out of me, the words you instilled in me as a midwife, the long days & nights spent together with a laboring mother. You were some of my biggest cheerleaders and without you and your commitment to seeing me through this journey is something I could never speak the right words of thanks towards. My Filipino Ate's & Texas sisters. Your hearts are beautiful and the works of your hands blessed. Thank you for loving in such an intimate way in the most intimate time of a woman's life and for allowing me to witness it. 



This is something I never believed in myself, that I would go back to school and graduate with a degree. Like Mary, I questioned why God would choose me. But now that isn't even a question. I now ask where God is going to take me with these skills and I ask Him to use me in every way possible to bring His kingdom here on earth and to be His love to all those I serve. 


Praying for a year of noticeable change, growth and laughter. That God will open new doors that produce vibrant fruit & radiant joy. 


Joyous New Years
In Christ's Love 
Emily Elizabeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment