Friday, December 5, 2014

Christmas to the Women of India.

This Christmas. 
My second one spent overseas. 

I would be lying if I said I was okay.
I miss my family. The way it used to be when we were all young.
decorating the tree. 
lighting our Christmas Village.
listening to those annoying drummer boys playing christmas songs (holly & grant you remember what I am talking about?) 
the first snow fall.
christmas movies. 
decorations everywhere. 
bundling up. 
crackling wood accompanied with some hot cocoa. 
waking up early with my brother and sister to see what our stockings hold.
delicious food & sweet treats.
Christmas Eve tradition. It's a Wonderful Life.
Midnight service. 
twinkling lights covered in snow.
the comfort of being with my family. 

I can't wait till I spend a Christmas in the states again. 
But for now I am spending it with palm trees, the hot sun & babies. 


This year I want to challenge everyone.
To remember why we celebrate this season.
The wondering that Mary & Joseph went through.
Her pain she endured during her delivery.
Our anticipation for the return of our Savior.

To bring Christmas back to the birth of Jesus and the promise He holds.

The promise of forgiveness. freedom. salvation. redemption. peace. fullness. 

" Because of God's tender mercy, the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us, to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, and to guide us to the path of peace." Luke 1:78-79

This Christmas I want to give back.

Through the womens ministry If:gathering and HOPE international, women in India are escaping the dark debt that never ends from borrowing money from loan sharks. By helping them start small businesses to get out of the cycle of debt and to be able to support their families, send their kids to school and to empower them through teaching them how to read, right and run a business.

By supporting me through a one time gift this holiday season, I will in turn donate to support these amazing women. 

{{ 50% of each donation that comes to me, 
I will donate to support the women in India. }}

>> so if you donate 20$ to support me here in the Philippines.
>> 10$ of that will go to the women in India.

$500 is enough to help HOPE’s partner serve 79 women

I would LOVE to raise $500.
to know that 79 women will be empowered. 
experience God's Love. 
and have a peace that they will be able to put food on their table. 
to support my sisters in Christ. 

** I tried to upload a video but its not working. if you go to THIS website please watch as its SO eye opening and will show you exactly who this donation will be supporting.


I am surrendering this into Gods hands. 
Praying that those who read this will feel God tugging on their hearts. 

Please pray about this.
Ask God to show you if this is what He wants for you to do this Christmas.

No matter what you feel God is leading you to do,
 please pray for those around the world. 
Those who don't know the immense love Jesus has for them. 

{{ Remember the Promise that was born that day. }}
the Savior to every tribe, tongue && nation.

" Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them, and the radiance of the Lord's glory surrounded them. They were terrified, but the angel reassured them. "don't be afraid!" he said. " I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all the people. The Savior- YES, the Messiah, the Lord- has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David." Luke 2:9-10

 --------->>>>  CHRISTMAS GIFT DONATION  <<<<----------



This is a new tradition I am going to start doing every Christmas season since, lets admit, who knows where I will be from now on during the holiday seasons. This is something that I can do wherever I am in the world. And I want to share the blessings that God pours on me to my sisters in Christ living around the world.  
So I hope you will join in the first ever...



Gifts of Joy to Our Sisters 
Around the World 2014





{{ Merry Christmas to everyone. May this season be one of renewed strength 
& peace through the dwelling on what Jesus' birth really means for each of us. }}




I am thankful for you. My brother & sister in Christ. 
That we not only get to share the excitement of this season here on earth but the gift of eternity spent together.



If you live in a place that snows please enjoy it for me or even build a snowman : ) I am missing it. 

In Christ's Love
Emily Elizabeth








No comments:

Post a Comment