Sunday, January 15, 2017

Ayati.



I get caught up

In all these petty things
Losing sight of what matters to You
But then You come
And take me by the hand
You say come up here with Me




February 2103.
The moment. The island. The rooftop.
That God captivated my heart.
Put me on a new road.
Opened my eyes.
Gave me a second chance.
At the direction my life was going in.


And then my feet came off the ground

You lifted me, above the clouds
As I looked down, the whole world seemed so small
Past the stars, through space and time
And I forget what’s left behind
As I’m surrounded by these grander things
Up here in perfect harmony
You’re orchestrating galaxies

They’re lighting up as far as I can see






I am in my last year of school.
The final assignments. 
The final catches as a student. 
This has been a long, exhausting road.
But one of beauty, growth & memories.
&& so much gratitude. 
From Haiti to the Philippines to Texas.
The mamas I have gotten to love.
&& the first breaths of life I have gotten to witness. 

The majesty
The mystery
Your gravity
Pulls me close to You
And I can breathe again
Here with You
There’s nothing more to say
And it’s clear, what matters to You


This April.
I have been invited back to that beloved island in the Caribbean.
Ayati.
The island of hope, dreams & precious people.
I have been invited to join a team of servants hearts.
To give our hands to build,
our hearts to love,
and our words to saturate those of their value and worth.


Sovereign
High above it all
Sovereign You are

And I can rest
'Cause it’s all in Your hands
Sovereign You are


Will you join me. 
Join the team. 
In praying for Ayati. 
For the work that is being prepared before us. 
That God will use us in a magnitude of ways.
That week in the ways desired. 
For funds to be provided. 



Sovereign
High above it all
Sovereign You are

And I can rest

It’s all in Your hands
Sovereign You are



I have created a GoFundMe to raise funds for this trip.
Over the past years of being supported by you.
My heart has never been so humbled. 
To know God will always provide.
And I know He will provide for this trip.
$1500 is my goal.
Will you join me for this adventure back to the island that changed the course of my life. 
This will cover airfare, transportation, housing & food. 
It will also contribute to the purchase of construction materials.
As we will be helping to build a church in the ways they need us. 





You can donate by clicking this link 

 In Christ's Love
Emily Elizabeth








No comments:

Post a Comment