Saturday, August 24, 2013

Wholehearted Trust.

I am in a season of TRUST. 


" But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in You. I praise God for what He has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals to do me?" Psalm 56:3

I thank the Lord for this summer, for all the experiences He allowed me to have, the new relationships He brought into my life that I am so grateful for, and the several new desires He has laid upon my heart for Haiti. 

I am at a point where I would usually be freaking out about not knowing what I am doing next and where I would be, yet I have such a resounding peace that I know is only coming graciously from the Lord. 

"You love Him even though you have never seen Him. Though you do not see Him now, you trust Him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy. The reward for trusting Him will be the salvation of your souls." 1 Peter 1:8

negative note ----> I started drinking coffee again, after being sober for 4 months WHYYYY did I start??!! Iced coffee has hit the spot tho these past few extremely hot days. 



I believe the Lord has something great right around the corner for me, its these trial periods where He is asking me to look only to Him for guidance and answers. To meditate on His words and His promises that He is right there with me. To focus on what He has for me at this very moment and to trust in His perfect timing of what is next to come. 


" How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog- it's here a little while, then it's gone. What you ought to say is, "if the Lords wants us to , we will live and do this or that." otherwise you are boasting about your own plans, and all such boasting is evil." James 4:14-16


I have been experiencing amazing ministries that do amazing things for the people of Haiti. They show a love that God has called us to give to all. Wether its from loving His children who are orphaned to equipping those with trade skills to provide for their families to providing a safe environment for woman to bring their children into this world. One thing that they all have in common is that they do everything through love, which only God is able to allow by His intimate Love that He has for us. 

" Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8


As I prepare to come back to the states, I am heavy hearted as I am sad to be leaving this beautiful island. I pray for a short stay in the US and that the Lord will bring me back in His quick but perfect timing. He has made me a new person over the summer and I pray that He continues to change me inside and out. If you couldn't tell I have been reading 1 Peter, he displays this struggle so perfectly on how to continue down the righteous path of God.

Finding this mommas twins heart beats. unexplainable moment
" So you must live as God's obedient children. Don't slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn't know any better then. But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures day, "You must be holy because I am holy." 1 Peter 1:14


Upon my return back to the states I will be making life changes that are needed as I desire to continue on this obedient & glorifying path that God has directed me on. I am abstaining from alcohol, which those of you who know me I love me a glass of yummy red wine and a nice cold beer after a hot day. I have come to realize that I would use alcohol in a way to escape and therefor I have bad self control in that area. I want to glorify God in my actions and this is one that I do not when participating in. I pray that by making this commitment other people will see the love of Christ & that when we glorify Him and listen, He gives us the desires of our hearts and provides for our every need. And not to mention He is a proud Father.

" Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit. So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up." Galatians 6: 8-9

I am going to do the Daniel Fast for 21 days to strengthen my relationship and to really focus on what God has for me next in Haiti. I find so much joy and comfort in those intimate times of prayer.

I do not desire to be coming back to the states only to enjoy the 3 F's. Family, Friends & Food : ) I am so excited to have some frozen yogurt and SALADS. Haiti is my home which I find so much comfort in the honking, roosters crowing & this language that I am learning. I find joy driving along the streets as the sights are becoming familiar to me and so usual in my everyday life here. But I know that the Lord has a plan for me and He will bring me back to Haiti, I need to listen to Him and obey Him for what He has next for me in the States. 

My prayer for Haiti:

" I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is. May you experience the love of Christ though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God." Ephesians 3:16-19


Prayer requests: 

  • Safe travels for when I fly back to the states. 
  • Gods sovereign hand will guide those who I have been in conversation with about my future serving the Lord and His children in Haiti. 
  • For my friends who start/started school that they will be a light to those who the Lord brings into their lives this next school year. 
  • My family who I am so excited to see : ) 
  • Isaiah and Esley, that He will protect them and continue to create that special bond between mother and child. (I do not know the next time I will see them but I think about them daily and pray that he will continue to grow and be nourished by momma. ) 
  • My cousin Dana as she is spending this semester at sea & her recent rededication to the Lord. May He bring supportive friends who will spur her on and that she will be a light to those that He brings into her life these next few months. 



MESI MESI MESI ANPIL for all your support through prayer over the last few months. I am so grateful for who God has brought into my life to spur me on and support me on His great mission for my life. I am looking forward to hopefully visiting while being back in the states to share more of what God is doing in my life, to raise support & maybe plan future trips to Haiti for those interested in meeting these amazing people down here and experiencing what I am so lucky to experience daily. 

E

"My child, if your heart is wise, my own heart will rejoice! Everything in Me will celebrate when you speak what is right." Proverbs 23:15-16






1 comment:

  1. Emily, I'm so blessed by reading your posts, and will pray with you...

    Julie Eastwood

    ReplyDelete