Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Restavec

Restavec: restavec from the French language French reste avec, "one who stays with") is a child in who is sent by his or her parents to work for a host household as a domestic servant because the parents lack the resources required to support the child. Restavec may refer to any child staying with a host family, but usually refers specifically to those who are abused.


It is everywhere in Haiti as its normal for parents to send their child who has the best chance of an education to live with a family member or friends. Sad thing is most dont end up going to school but becoming the cook, maid, getting water ect. Most dont get a meal that they prepared for the family and go days without eating. What breaks my heart is that they go without love and affection. This is what God must feel when we dont love eachother and when us as the body of Christ do not share the love that Jesus has for everyone.

Linsdsey & the supper Heros (LB class)

Many have no education yet those few days I could see how eager they were to learn english. We taught them how to sew bags. Their joy and excitement to be on the sewing machine gave my heart a flutter just letting them do something fun at their own pleasure. 

There were two boys ages 8 & 10. Watson and Jon Le. They had such heart melting smiles and the biggest hugs. You can just see that they wanted to so badly be loved. Watson would always jump infront of the camera to get in as many photos as he could. 

Lindsey who taught this LB ( late bloomers) class has the biggest heart for these beautiful children of God. I am so thankful to have met her and been apart of this class. Her sheer love to keep her going when the language barrier seemed so difficult was so inspiring. I know that God will reward her for the love she showed and investing in a relationship with each and every child. 

God is showing me a new compassion for people. That everyone needs an endless love just the way God has an endless love for us. He is always pursuing us and i believe we need to continue to pursue to reach everyone to know what His great love is really like. 

The people He is bringing into my life i couldnt be an more beni "blessed" to finAlly have Friends who are driven to serve the Lord. The trust that has so easily developed &

openess that happened instantly without judgment. These friendships will last and can only thank God for so perfectly bringing us all together. Creating these memories of serving in Haiti & changing the lives of those children and adults together.

As i wait in the PAP airport to fly back to the states i am filled with joy knowing I am coming back to those smiles and hugs that said good-bye this morning. The excitement in telling them i will see them in a week. I am thankful to be spending a week with my whole family. Sharing Gods change in my life the last 2 weeks and to enjoy just being all together will be a nice break and a much needed reenergizing time. 

Haiti is a beautiful country with beautiful people, landscapes and a yearning hope for change that can only be obtained by loving && knowing our Lord and Savior. 




God has blessed me beyond anything i could imagine. He has broken the chains from my past and this new life is turning to be such a beautiful one with Him walking infront of me. I am surrendering my life daily and inturn He is giving me a peace in my heart that He will guide me to where I am to love his children next. Haiti is my home. And i am so at peace with that statement. 

" in Him is life, and that life is the light to all mankind" john 1:4 


No comments:

Post a Comment